I was thinking the other day about how much God has blessed me in my life.
And I wondered why people do not believe in Him. Then it occurred to me that not everyone believes in the same God. With beliefs ranging from a moody, disinterested being to a nebulous, omnipresent entity that fills the universe it is easy to see why people have a hard time believing or understanding Him.
- a Supreme Being who is our kind and loving Father,
- the Creator of the universe who wanted to help His children learn and grow and so created this beautiful world for us,
- the Omniscient Immortal who prepared the way so His children would be able to return to His presence one day, and
- the Living Personage who created us in His own image,
and He suddenly becomes more real.
When I picture God as my Heavenly Father, who knows me just as my earthly father does, He is much easier to understand and to know. When I had children and watched over and loved them, it became easier to think of my Father in Heaven, watching over and loving His own children here on earth. He is the perfect Parent who knows what we need (and when).
And He is so close to us, waiting for us to turn to Him and ask for His guidance and help, which He gladly gives to all who ask.
In fact, He invites us to try it and see for ourselves, “Ask, and it shall be bgiven you; cseek, and ye shall find; dknock, and it shall be opened unto you” Matthew 7:7. Try it, and let me know what happens. 🙂
- Inspiring Words From The Movie Courageous (lifeofabusydad.wordpress.com)
- the wind as God’s arms (thelittlelamp.wordpress.com)