Today was a very special day. We went with our missionary, correction released missionary, to the Stake High Council for him to report back to them. These are the leaders of the Stake, which consists of about 8 congregations.
They had asked him to share an experience from his mission that showed him the great love God has for His children. He explained about a woman who didn’t want to join the church at first. Then they taught her how to pray, and prayed with her. A couple days later she came to them and asked when she could be baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
She had been introduced to her Father in Heaven, and had developed a relationship with Him. That was a wondrous thing for her, and something she wanted to build on. What a wonderful example of God’s love.
Then in Sacrament meeting he said that the 3 main things he learned on his mission are:
- That God is our loving Heavenly Father.
- We are all His children, and that makes each and every one of them very important, of infinite worth!
- Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. And of all the names He is known by, Savior is this returned missionary‘s favorite, because that is exactly what Jesus does, he saves us.
He then bore powerful testimony that God lives, that He is there to guide us, and that we can feel the Savior near. And if we cannot feel Him, we are invited to look at our lives and change what we need to so that we are able to feel Him near. It was a powerful moment, the Spirit of God was very strong, and once again my feelings were so close to the surface.
He has developed a closeness with God that is almost palpable. And even better, there we were, listening to him and surrounded by almost our entire family. My feelings of love and joy were almost overwhelming. Oh, the goodness and mercy of God! 🙂
- Becoming a missionary… (sistertaylermaready.wordpress.com)
- Final Week in the MTC! (andreaintheadriatic.wordpress.com)