So yesterday I shared a REALLY cool statement that was shared at a previous women’s conference! You are probably starting to think about how great this event can be. So, how do you participate?
There are several options:
- The General Relief Society Meeting will be live in Salt Lake City, Utah, at the Conference Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is, of course, free but you need a ticket to get in. They may be full-up, but you can check with your local LDS friend or the missionaries (the young men in dark suits, white shirts, with name tags, and always found in twos, or the young women who also are found in twos, dressed tastefully, also with name tags).
- If you are in the Salt Lake Valley you will be able to watch it live on TV, or listen to it live on the radio!
- Almost anywhere in the world you can watch the broadcast at the local LDS Stake Center. Again, check with an LDS friend or ask the missionaries for more information. The advantage to this is that you will be with many other wonderful women. You could make some new friends!
- You can watch it on TV in your own home if you have cable or satellite.
- You can watch it over the internet, from the Church’s official website http://www.lds.org. As a matter of fact, if you go there now, it will tell you exactly when it starts.
However you choose to participate, it will be well worth your while. It is a spiritual feast. A warm, loving, caring, feel-good couple of hours.
Let me know how you watched and what you think of it! 🙂
Here’s a website I ran across with more info on how to watch it: http://www.yourldsblog.com/2012/10/04/mormon-general-conference-7-ways-to-watch/
- Relief Society Lesson Hand Out (weheartfreebies.wordpress.com)
- Relief Society (fsuthevoice.wordpress.com)