So, if death is the end of life, why does it matter whether we grow and progress in life or not?
Of course, as we have reviewed in our 24 Days of Christ, birth was not the beginning of life! So why would death be the end?
Again Christ is our example. He came to earth to show us the way to live, then died on the cross. But on the 3rd day he rose from the dead!
Mark 16:1, 5-6 explains, “And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him….And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted. And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him.”
And later when Jesus showed himself to his apostles, He said, “Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.” Luke 24:39.
“And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.” Acts 4:33.
Rather than death being the end, it is but a door we pass through to continue to progress throughout the eternities. And the spirit and the body will be reunited, never to be separated again.
The scriptures testify of the resurrection:
- “Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves” Ezekiel 37:12-13.
- “I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction” Hosea 13:14.
- “We shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection” Romans 6:5.
- “Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life” John 11:25.
- “For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.” 1 Corinthians 15:22.
What a wonderful message! What great joy! Christ was resurrected and He lives. And we will all have the same blessing!