I was washing my kitchen floor last night, contemplating a myriad of things. I thought about the time that I call “the worst 2 years of my life” and inspiration hit me, “and hidden blessings”.
I’d been a homemaker for several years, and then we decided I had to go to work. It was difficult as that meant every time someone had to go to the doctor, dentist, orthodontist, etc. one of us had to take time off work to take care of it – i.e. “the worst time of my life”. A couple years later beloved hubby became the house-husband.
By looking back and to the present, I realized some of the “hidden blessings” that Heavenly Father sent:
- Beloved hubby was there for all the appointments, errands, and calls that had to be made during “normal business hours”.
- Since he couldn’t sleep for the pain he was experiencing, he was up as our teenagers came home late from work, dates, or being out with friends.
- When his father moved in, he was home to spend time with him and take him to all the appointments, errands, etc. that needed to be done.
- I learned new things, increased my skills and abilities, and made new friends.
- And now I am learning things that I should have known before but I wasn’t able to fully experience for a long time.
I’m also getting time for myself again, to start catching up on a little of all that had to be laid aside for a time. “For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven…” Ecclesiastes 3:1.
In other words, Hidden Blessings. 🙂