I was privileged not only to go tour the new Ft. Collins Temple open house, but to be a tour guide there as well. What a wonderful experience!
The Temple is the Lord’s house. And even before I set foot on the Temple grounds I could feel the Lord’s presence – a calm and peaceful feeling. My worries disappeared as I contemplated the beauties and the feelings of being in the House of God.
Walking in to this sacred and holy place gave me a feeling of profound love and reverence for our Father in Heaven and His Son, Jesus Christ. Temples are among the most sacred places on earth.
We learn about our relationship with our Father there, and His plan for our happiness. We learn more about the way to live so that we may one day return to live with Him again. We learn why families are so important, and we learn to serve God more fully.
What do we gain by this?
- We feel true happiness and joy.
- We learn how to recognize truth and the difference between it and the counterfeit ways and ideas of the opposition who would lead us astray and keep us from true happiness.
- We learn about the eternal nature of things and our place within them.
- We are better able to make wise choices in our lives.
- We understand others better.
- We receive guidance to bless our lives.
- We understand how to make course corrections in our lives.
- We desire to bless others more.
- We leave the cares and troubles of the world behind.
- We are blessed to see life from a higher plane and realize that things are not always as they seem.
- We receive hope for a brighter future.
- We gain answers to our sincere prayers and desires.
It was wonderful to see all the different people who came to the open house to see the Temple. Families, the frail, individuals, children, couples, groups, all different, all with their own problems, and seeking their own answers.
The tour ended walking out the front doors of the temple which open to the beautiful fountain and displays of flowers.
There were so many people who lingered there, to see family or friends, enjoy the beauty that surrounded them, gaze up at the majesty of the Temple with the golden Angel Moroni blowing his horn to all nations standing at its pinnacle, and to savor the sweet feelings they had just been immersed in during this beautiful experience. It brought me great joy just to see all the people enjoying this moment in their lives.
Oh, how I love the Temple!