Beloved hubby sent a very nice thank you to our local police commander. I reprint it here to thank law enforcement everywhere for their dedicated and unending efforts and the much good they do that often goes seemingly unnoticed. My heartfelt thanks for helping to keep us safe and preserving our hard-won freedoms. 🙂
“My wife and I are making this opportunity to thank the Police who serve in our area. I have 6 generations of military service running through my son who have served during times of war, so I can truly appreciate the service that our veterans have provided this nation.
“In another way, you and the Police Officers who serve this nation provide service every time you go to work. As the events of the last couple of weeks have shown, this service carries with it a risk to both life and limb.
- Thank you to all of those Police Officers who have given up all of their tomorrows so that we may have our todays occur largely without any fear of domestic violence occurring in our day to day lives.
- Thank you to the families of all of those Police Officers who will not have them as part of their lives going forward so that we do not need to fear the loss of our dear ones when they temporarily take their leaves from us for work, play, and social interactions.
- Thank you to those Police Officers who will live all of their tomorrows with bodies that have been violently attacked by various means not limited to being shot, stabbed, hit with an object, hurt in an accident, or injured in a fight while serving the public at large. Their forfeiture of the lives we all dream about is not in vain when it is both appreciated and used to keep society functioning.
- Thank you to the families of those Police Officers who have been disabled by an attacker or even hurt giving the families cause for concern while they recover. No amount of Thanks will ever make it up to a child who cannot play with their parents such as a son who cannot play catch with either a missing or disabled Dad. But heartfelt Thanks and true Appreciation for their sacrifices will make them a little more bearable.
- Thank you to all of the Police Officers who interact with Evil on a daily basis. Yes, Evil is alive and well, and our Police Forces form the Thin Blue Line that we depend upon for keeping them at bay. Thankfully they have helped us progress to the point where Right Makes Might as opposed to the centuries long burden of Might Makes Right that far too many people still need to suffer under today.
“In short THANK YOU. Those two words seem so puny and may not convey the depth of thanks that our family, and the vast majority of our nation’s citizens, feel towards the Police, but they are the best that the English Language offers in that regard. Please pass our abiding THANKS to the Officers and Staff of the Able Sector for the Police Force, as well as the rest of your compatriots in the rest of the Department.”