You remember I said that one of my callings (jobs) at church is Nursery Music Director? Yesterday the fun began!
We have 2 nurseries now, the older kids are meeting separately from the younger ones. So I visited the older ones first.
They were seated around a little table in their cute little chairs. I sat down and was introduced to them as Sister Music. Cute, huh? 🙂
The previous “Sister Music” had gone to great pains to have a box of items to help them with their singing:
- Little empty spice bottles filled with an inch of very colorful little stones that they can shake in time to the music. We sang “Hello, Hello”, “Do As I’m Doing”, and “Fun To Do”, while shaking those little bottles.
- Tongue depressor sticks with a colorful “frowny” face attached to one end and a “smiley” face to the opposite end, to turn over while we sing “If You Chance to Meet a Frown”.
- The outline of our Denver temple drawn on a circle attached to a popsicle stick, to hold while they sing “I Love To See The Temple”.
- Pictures of our Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, that they can hold as they march around the room singing, “Follow the Prophet”.
- Family members on popsicle sticks for them to hold up as they sing “Happy Family”.
So everything was already prepared for me, and all I had to do was sing and play with them!
15 minutes went by pretty quickly, then off I was with my “magic music box” to the younger kids.
They were more wiggly, but were sitting on their little carpet pieces most of the time. They didn’t sing as much, but they loved holding the items, and marching around the room. There were 2 teachers, and a couple moms and a dad in there too.
Again, we had great fun and the time was over before we knew it. There is one thing though…
I do have some homework.
The sing a song about rolling your arms and getting ready for the prayer right before the closing prayer.
I need to learn it. 🙂
(and I thought I was done posting to my Primary is Fun category!)